Session state not storing or saving gotcha

Hi folks,

Recently in my SP-CRM project I noticed that my session state that I enabled in SharePoint doesn't use SQL Server for storage (it uses inproc). Although it works fine so far, but the recommended way is to enable sessionstateservice using Enable-spsessionstateservice powershell cmdlet.

So I did this, and my application was broken. After debugging, I realized it could not store my object into the session table in the database. I read up documentation and the requirement for storing object is that the object must be serializable.

I checked my class and it already had serializable attribute. However, there is a property with the type of the generated class created by crmsvcutil and I had a feeling this was the culprit, and I was right!

The solution is to not use any of the crmsvcutil generated class in your session variables, otherwise you wouldn't be able to save it. 

HTH,
Andreas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint 2013 anonymous access add attachments to list item

CRM Plugin - Parent and Child Pipeline

Sitecore custom publish agent from specific node and at a specific time