SharePoint 2013 The name 'InitializeControl' does not exist in the current context

The storyline:

I created a visual web part inside my VS2012 solution. Every time I saved the ascx file I had to wait for a few seconds as my VS was 'Communicating with SharePoint'.

If you are the type of person who has an addiction of hitting 'Ctrl + S' after modifying a few lines of code then you will find this annoying.

Then I tried to switch my solution to 'Offline' to avoid this. I wrote my code and when I did a build it throws me this error. After further investigation it seems that my ascx.g.cs file disappeared.

Now I know why it was 'Communicating with SharePoint' every time I saved the file. It's generating the g.cs file that has the InitializeControl function.

 So to get it back working, I just switched to online mode, then re-saved my ascx file and voila! my g.cs shows up again. 

Interested to see if other people have any ideas to make this faster process.

HTH,
Andreas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SharePoint 2013 anonymous access add attachments to list item

CRM Plugin - Parent and Child Pipeline

Sitecore custom publish agent from specific node and at a specific time